[nsp] 12.0(25)S1 on 1200 experience?

Jonas Stenling jonas at stenling.nu
Tue Aug 12 10:50:23 EDT 2003

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Jonas Stenling wrote:

> Anything major that would discourage me from deploying this image in
> production?

Well, I ran into CSCeb15073 "MBGP IOS to 3rd party will fail BGP if no
capabilities are sent". The strange thing is that the peer router is
actually advertising MP_EXT CAP, but the session still resets.

Can somebody please enlighten me how I should read the following debugging
output:

rcvd OPEN w/ optional parameter type 2 (Capability) len 6
OPEN has CAPABILITY code: 1, length 4
OPEN has MP_EXT CAP for afi/safi: 1/2

Does that mean that the OPEN I received contained the mentioned capability
or that the OPEN I sent did?

--
Visit: http://www.stenling.nu/contact.html for contact info.
EOF