[nsp] Cisco problem

Siva Valliappan svalliap at cisco.com
Mon Aug 18 12:16:42 EDT 2003

> Doesn't make any sense to me either.   What good is an advanced switching
> method if you don't use it on *all* interfaces?
>
> Actually I'd love to see Cisco drop all other switching paths (fast,
> optimum, distributed fast/optimum, etc.) to simplify the code...

we have already dropped distributed fast and optimum from 12.0 and later
code.  the only distributed switching scheme available in 12.0 and later
releases is DCEF.  optimum switching and flow switching was also
removed in 12.0.  netflow only does accounting and feature acceleration
from 12.0 and later.

cheers
.siva