[nsp] 6500/7600 with large ARP/MAC tables?

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Mon Aug 25 17:03:59 EDT 2003

Hello,

I personally run a Hybrid 6509/s2/msfc2/pfc2 with about 15,000 arp
entries, and about 325 interfaces. It runs well. It's got 12.1.19E1.

It moves just around a gigabit/sec. It's got about 4,000 routes.

CPU utilization for five seconds: 9%/2%; one minute: 12%; five minutes: 12%

I have a customer who has only two interfaces, but is over the 20k range
in mac entries.