[nsp] ip cef

James Galliford JamesG at corp.ptd.net
Mon Dec 1 15:20:51 EST 2003

I believe that if the router does not have the route in its CEF table
that it process switches the first stream and therefore you'll see the
entry in the ip cache.  After the router knows the path and determines
the optimum switching method, it will then create an entry in the CEF
table for the path.  The path will then be invalidated from the route
cache.

This is to the best of my understanding of course.

Thanks.