[nsp] ACL on trunk ports / hunting strange traffic

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Tue Dec 2 12:42:49 EST 2003

Hi,

Is if possible to do the equivilent of adding an ACL to a trunk port of a
6500? I've got a completely unused 2924 switch that is getting pushed about
400kbps from a port on a 6500 as of about five hours ago. The trunk port
only allows two VLANs, and I've added ACLs to each of them to log any
traffic to and from the swtiches only IP address.

These ACLs are recording nothing interesting, but the MRTG graphs on the
6500's port still show the traffic.

How should I go about working out what the traffic is.

Sam