[nsp] ip verify unicast reverse-path confirmation?

Nicolas Sayer Nicolas.Sayer at inria.fr
Thu Dec 4 10:58:54 EST 2003

hello all,

off topic question about "ip verify unicast reverse-path", i had to
take out of my WAN interface configuration because it was burning out
the CPU (interupts). Does each packet (from one TCP flow for example)
HAS to have it's source address checked against the routing table, thus
sent to the CPU ? couldn't cef take care of stamping the source address
as : ok

fyi: i have a 6500 switch enhanced with an msfc1 for routing,

	cheers, Nick.