[nsp] 12.0(26)S on 7206VXR/400s

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Dec 4 21:42:58 EST 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 09:10:21PM -0500, jlewis at lewis.org wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Jared Mauch wrote:
>
> > 	CSCec70109 or CSCec53858.
>
> CSCec70109 = broken snmp counters for serial interfaces.  What else is
> new?  I thought they'd finally learned how to count.  How about they just
> release the source so someone else can fix it?

	Even their bugid has the wrong info, someone from cisco
there should go in and put the workaround in the release
note.

	"no snmp-server sparse-tables"

> CSCec53858 = I think this is a typo.

	Yeah, thouls be the 855 it's duped to.  Going off a buglist
we use when talking to cisco about software quality.

	This is annoying as we've been working on pps based DoS
detection systems.  Taking the existing snmp data we collect
and looking for anomolies.  You'd be surprised how many DoS
attacks you can find by looking at the pps data instead of
the bps data.

> > 	CSCec30784/CSCeb24174 - cosmetic but there
> > 	CSCec24179/CSCeb12482/CSCec40432 - cosmetic but there
>
> The cosmetic ones aren't a huge deal...but counters would be kind of
> nice.  I need to be able to see the volume of traffic flowing through this
> thing so I know when it's getting busy enough that we have to replace it
> with a juniper.

	True, cosmetic bugs are just that, but some I reported over
a year ago to various groups at Cisco and they didn't do anything
with the reports, now i'm pressing them to fix them.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net