[nsp] ip verify unicast reverse-path confirmation?

Nicolas Sayer Nicolas.Sayer at inria.fr
Fri Dec 5 03:07:42 EST 2003

Yep, CEF was activated on the interface... It's a GigE interface, the
troubling part of debugging that issue was that under 500Mb/s traffic
was going through the interface flawlessly, over 500Mb/s we started
losing packets (yep losing). CPU was fairly well loaded under 500Mb/s,
99% over that limit (to note that no actual process was using the CPU
that much, the high load-average was probably due to a high interupt
rate). I actually thought someone was rate-limiting at 500Mb/s on the
line...
Of course, when i take uRPF, all suddenly goes well (traffic flows over
500 and CPU's back at normal).

Couldn't find any information on CCO about similar problems... Am i the
only one to go over 500Mb/s on a 6500 ?

thanks for your help, from the information i got in this thread, it
seems that it's an MSFC1 issue... crap...

--
INRIA/DirDRI/VTHD - Tél:+33 13963 5795 - Fax:+33 66344 7365 - Mob:+33
663440227