[nsp] Colo DC setup

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Mon Dec 8 12:54:46 EST 2003

> BTW I got another mail saying putting BGP on the 6500 might not be a
> brilliant idea ;-) (if I got it right).
> Any comments on this? Should I put additional routers in front for our
> upstreams/peeering?

If you can do all your peering based on Ethernet connections, 6500
with Sup2/MSFC2/PFC2 or better can be *very* good for BGP peering.
We're very happy with our 6509s used for just this purpose. We have
several full and partial views on each 6500.

Note that Sup2/MSFC2/PFC2 with full routing tables no longer work
with uRPF due to the size of the routing tables.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no