[nsp] R2 Signaling

Andy Melton andy at meltons.net
Tue Dec 9 17:31:32 EST 2003

I have two 7206vxr routers connected via PTP E1.  Hanging off of each
7206 is a channel bank, connected on one side to a bunch of phones, and
on the other side to a predictive dialer.

Dialer<--FXO/FXS-->Channel Bank<---E1 R2--->7206<--PPP
E1-->7206<--E1R2-->Channel Bank<--FXO/FXS-->Phones

My problem is, when a phone goes on hook, I don't always get the clear
forward (?) bit to release the call.  Hence, I'll have an open DS0 on
the user side, but the 7206 connected to the dialer will never release
the channel.

Right now, the signaling is set up as r2-digital dtmf dnis.

Would changing this to compelled or non-compelled make a difference?