[nsp] ADSL Monitoring

Chris Johns chrisjohns_cisco at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 21:37:35 EST 2003

Hello Folks,

I am in the process of setting up a small ADSL service, in the
first instance i'm talking about a maximum of 300 hosts.

My question is what type of monitoring/reporting are your organisations
using?
In particular what OID's do you use?
Do you monitor vpdn tunnels and sessions, connect times etc? Does anyone do
log monitoring and could you give me a heads up as to what, if any
particular errors you look for?

The current network/management systems I use are Openview, MRTG, Statscout,
Big Brother.

Any tips, pointers or URL's appericated

chris