[nsp] SSO & NSF experience on Cisco 7500 routers

ALBERTO.CITA at telefonica.net ALBERTO.CITA at telefonica.net
Fri Dec 12 09:38:41 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm planning to configure SSO in a leased-line aggretion layer based
on Cisco 7507 and 7513 routers with a 12.0S train IOS release. I'm
also considering the possibility of enabling graceful restart
capabilities(i.e.: NSF in Cisco's parlance)for CEF, IS-IS and BGP in
these routers, together with NSF-Aware capabilities in our route-
reflectos (C7200)and backbone routers (C12000).

I have never tried this in a production environment and I was
wondering if somebody out there, who has already deployed it in a
production network (or may be has heard of it), would be so kind to
share his/her experiences in this field.

More specifically does it really works as explained in Cisco's
documentation? I mean, is it stable? does it really reduces the
switchover between RSPs when comparing it with RPR+? Is it true that
the VIPs and PAs installed in the router are nor reseted and reloaded?
How about interoperability with Juniper's graceful restart? any
feedback about it?

Thank you very much indeed, in advance.

Best Regards,
Alberto Cita.