[nsp] Routing Problem: I am not sure where to begin.

Jim Devane jim at powerpulse.cc
Mon Dec 15 16:32:48 EST 2003

Justin,

Thank you for your reply.

I can see where the loopback peering would work downstream to the 7206,
Mapping the /32 address to each to each of the ports and to the next hop.
Makes sense.

But I am not sure what address the 7206 would peer with. It seems like it
would require 2 sessions. (one for each router, since they are separate L3
devices)

How would I have the same loopback on both routers? If I did not have the
same IP on both routers, then I would have 2 sessions, no? And if I do use 2
ip's (each loopback on each GSR, how can I have one session stay down but
automatically come up on the protect link)

I know that putting bgp in an admin down sense would work, but not very
dynamic.

Am I being a complete idiot?

Thanks again,
Jim