[nsp] HSRP and VLANs

Marco Matarazzo marmata at libero.it
Tue Dec 16 07:31:02 EST 2003

Hi all,

right now I terminate the customer circuits on a single Cisco 7204VXR,
speaking BGP with two upstreams, and delivering all the vlans to colo
customers.
I've been asked to add redundancy at routing level, and I was planning to
add another Cisco 7204, speaking BGP with one upstream, and let the other
Cisco speak BGP with only the other one. The two routers will of course iBGP
between them. Now the question: we have 50 vlans, each one assigned his /28
or /29 depending on the customer, so I've 50 different default gateways. Is
that possible to do HSRP between the two routers on such a number of IPs?
(And have space to grow of course!). Or is there some other way to do it?

Thanks a lot!
]\/[arco