[nsp] HSRP and VLANs

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Dec 16 16:48:59 EST 2003

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 10:44:34PM +0100, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
> Oh, sorry, I was referring to subinterfaces (i.e. interface Fastx/y.<n>)
> where hsrp group x can't be re-used on another subinterface within the
> same main interface.

Ooops.  Didn't know about that restriction.  Thanks!

(We haven't been using subinterface VLANs much, due to the lack of
packet/byte counters.  They have been added later on, but at that
time, all our VLAN routing stuff was already happily running on
RSM/RSFCs)

> Vlan-interfaces on RSM/RSFC/MSFC have never been
> subject to this restrictions, sorry for the confusion..

Thanks for clarifying.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de