[nsp] Routing Problem: I am not sure where to begin.

Danny McPherson danny at tcb.net
Tue Dec 16 18:08:34 EST 2003

On Dec 16, 2003, at 12:05 PM, Jim Devane wrote:

> Danny,
>
> Thank you. Very interesting comments.
>
> The only routing protocol that is running between the GSR's and the
> 7206 is
> the BGP. And I do not believe the 7206 can run APS reflector mode
> anyway.

Nope, it only triggers IGP adjacency resets at this point...

> I can set up 2 distinct BGP session ( perhaps only based on physical
> interface and only one will come up at a time since the APS protected
> circuit will be up/down. It is a bit of a bummer b/c it is going to
> have to
> send an open and build a whole new table.

Yes, that's why you would [almost always] want to have them
co-exist and avoid the convergence/synchronization times when
a switch does occur.  You could do this with static routes
though a very trivial OSPF (or IS-IS) configuration would
make things much more automated.

> Do you have any thought on why I am not able to ping the other side of
> the
> protect link when it comes up? This would obviously be detrimental to
> an BGP
> session coming up.
>
> Any ideas on what could be stopping that?

Forthcoming...

-danny