[nsp] Purchase Cisco IOS

Gerald gcoon at inch.com
Fri Dec 19 15:58:17 EST 2003

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, james wrote:

> I understand this is not the case in some countries, outside the USA. Perhaps the EU
> or UK ?

This would just give me warm fuzzies all over. Now Cisco is screwing the
US out of a competitive advantage because of greed related to
after-markets. Why go with a U.S. company that has to pay the license fee
when you can get the cheap country X to provide the service since they
went around the Law.

BTW, I do think it is fair for cisco to want something for new versions of
IOS. I don't think it is fair to void the license for already installed
software. New features and bug fixes should fuel their profits. Not
sticking it to Ebay ppl for reselling good hardware.

Gerald