[nsp] OSPF x firewall

Andrew Dorsett zerocool at netpath.net
Sun Dec 21 19:47:00 EST 2003

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Dmitri Kalintsev wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 10:04:45PM -0200, Thales wrote:
> > I have a area 0 with 2 routers running OSPF. Now , i need put a firewall
> > in the midle. is it possible maintain this structure without change
> > nothing and without need enable OSPF in the firewall ? Does Someome know a
> > tip or a trick ? The subnet will be different.

Why not put setup the OSPF to work off the loopback interfaces and then
place a GRE tunnel between the two routers for the OSPF traffic.  This way
they can trade OSPF info with no problem and you don't have to change your
structure too much.  Just some thoughts...

Andrew
---
<zerocool at netpath.net>
http://www.andrewsworld.net/
ICQ: 2895251
Cisco Certified Network Associate

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself."