[nsp] set test packetbuffer

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Wed Dec 31 13:07:54 EST 2003

These are all catalyst diagnostics commands.

The first sets the online diags test level - when you reset the system or a module, it specs the level of diags to run on the modules (none, minimal, or complete). Minimal is the default.

The other two are Cat5000-specific, they are testing the packet buffer memory on the line cards with SAINT ASICs.

Both of these are documented in the Cat5k command ref:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat5000/rel_6_3/cmd_ref/setsy_tr.htm#86641

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat5000/rel_6_3/cmd_ref/setsy_tr.htm#48323

BTW, I noticed an error in the doc, this line:
"This command is supported on Catalyst 5000 family switches that have 100BASE-FX and 10/100BASE-TX Fast EtherChannel modules containing the Saint ASIC chip."

appears under the "diaglevel" command but really applies only to the "packetbuffer" command. I will have that corrected.

Happy new year!
Tim

At 09:00 AM 12/31/2003, cisco-nsp-request at puck.nether.net mumbled:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759