[nsp] VLANs - Local Director

odusseus odusseus at voila.fr
Wed Feb 5 15:36:48 EST 2003

Hi

The topology is in the attached file (draw.txt), like the rest of this message.

mac address of www12 = aaaa.bbbb.cccc.dddd
mac address of www11 = zzzz.yyyy.xxxx.wwww

When I do a "sho mac address aaaa.bbbb.cccc.dddd" I got the following result:

Cat1#sho mac add aaaa.bbbb.cccc.dddd
 vlan   mac address     type    protocol qos             ports
-----+---------------+--------+---------+---+--------------------------------
  12  aaaa.bbbb.cccc.dddd   dynamic        ip  --  Gi3/4
  11  aaaa.bbbb.cccc.dddd   dynamic        ip  --  Fa2/1
  10  aaaa.bbbb.cccc.dddd   dynamic        ip  --  Fa2/7

Cat1#

I should not see aaaa.bbbb.cccc.dddd. belonging to vlan11.

From the local director, a "show bridge" shows that this mac address (aaaa.bbbb.cccc.dddd) is known by one interface only.

www12 is not plugged anywhere else but only on this port.

How it comes and aaaa.bbbb.cccc.dddd belongs to vlan 11 as well?

In fact even mac addresses of Vlan11 are appearing in vlan12!

Cat1#sho mac add zzz.yyyy.xxxx.wwww
 vlan   mac address     type    protocol qos             ports
  12  zzz.yyyy.xxxx.wwww   dynamic        ip  --  Gi1/1
  11  zzz.yyyy.xxxx.wwww   dynamic        ip  --  Fa2/1
  10  zzz.yyyy.xxxx.wwww   dynamic        ip  --  Fa2/7

Cat1#

Any idea why this is happening?

Thank you,

Christophe