[nsp] Max pvc's on a PA-A3-T3

James-lists hackerwacker at cybermesa.com
Wed Feb 5 11:34:53 EST 2003

We are pushing just a little more than 1,000 pvc's (90 % DSL, the rest ATM to frame relay & 2 DS-3
pvcs) on our PA-T3-A3 (cisco 7206VXR (NPE400) processor). I see the pvc limit for this card is 4,096
and some are indicating going over 1,000 pvc's is a problem. I have had *not one problem* for this router
for over a year, she hums along at 10-15 % CPU utilization. Can anyone comment on the pvc (real world) limit ?

James Edwards
Routing and Security
jamesh at cybermesa.com
At the Santa Fe Office: Internet at Cyber Mesa
Store hours: 9-6 Monday through Friday
Phone support 365 days till 10 pm via the Santa Fe office: