[nsp] 6509 estrange behaviour

Miguel Angel Sotos miguel.sotos at rediris.es
Wed Feb 12 16:31:44 EST 2003

Hi all,

We have a C6509 that sometimes goes weird when we do some changes in the
configuration.
It has two MSFCs, redundant configuration. Running IS-IS with a Juniper box.

When we create a new vlan, sometimes it's necessary to swtich the MSFCs.If not, the
Catalyst don't know anything about the vlan address interface.

When we create a static route it seems that everything is right, it's announced to the
Juniper, the MSFCs knows the route, but it doesn't forward traffic to the destination. It
does a loop. We switch the MSFcs and after a while, it works, without any logical reason.
No errors, no logs.

It's runnning CatOS  6.3(8)
and IOS  12.1(13)E

Has anyone experienced similar problems?
Maybe any problem with the CatOS/IOS versions?
Is it better to use only IOS, instead of CatOS?

Thanks in advance,
	Miguel Angel.