[nsp] Disable "username" prompt at enable level.

Jamie Baddeley jamie.baddeley at bclnz.com
Tue Feb 18 09:59:06 EST 2003

Hi,

I've googled and faq'ed for hours on this problem with no joy. Can someone please put me out of my misery?

I'm running IOS Version 12.2(2)XH on router A.
I'm running IOS Version 12.1(3)T on router B.
Both are high performance packet pushing 1720's  ;-)

Both are configured to talk to a radius server. Router B works just fine.

Router A, for some reason when going to "enable" level, prompts for a "username". Router B doesn't.

How do I disable the prompt for username on router A when going to "enable level"??

As well as this weirdness,  I also needed to change my radius config in order to make line AAA (login) work properly on router A (which seems flawed too).
i.e.
aaa authentication login default group radius line
aaa authentication login default group radius none

Otherwise I had to enter my radius username/password, and then enter the line (login) password.

No release note documentation points to anything.

Aaarrrggghhhh!!

Please Help!

-jamie