[RE: [nsp] VOIP Problem - Issue with PRI and NM-HDV again]

Simon Lockhart simonl at rd.bbc.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 07:38:43 EST 2003

On Tue Feb 18, 2003 at 07:59:46PM -0700, Cisco Geek Rotation wrote:
> I had to totally change the way I put in the destination patterns.  For
> whatever reason, it doesn't work at all like it did with FXO cards.

I think you'll find that the difference is this. With your old solution with
the FXO card, if you saw a 9 being dialled you could just punt the call
through to the FXO card, get dial-tone from the PSTN, and let the PSTN deal
with the rest of the dialling process. Once you'd moved to PRI, all of the
dialling responsibility is handed over to the CPE (your VOIP gateway), and
you need to pass the full number to be dialled over to the PSTN at call setup.

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart             |   Tel: +44 (0)1628 407720  (BBC ext 37720)
Technology Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1628 407701  (BBC ext 37701)
BBC Internet Services      | Email: Simon.Lockhart at bbc.co.uk
BBC Technology, Maiden House, Vanwall Road, Maidenhead. SL6 4UB. UK