[nsp] boot problems with a 3662

jk joe.kamm at wnonline.net
Tue Feb 25 11:03:31 EST 2003

i had previously attempted to obtain help via inet-access..only reply i
got was a "me too" can someone please help? :)

i have a 3662 with 32MB flash and 160MB ram that just refuses to boot.
i've swapped all the memory..reflashed the flash..removed all the
interfaces on the unit and it will still sit there.

you get the system bootstrap, it'll decompress the image and show [OK] and
will just sit.

when i flash the flash, the unit will boot up properly and run maybe
20-24hrs and lock up.  twice i managed to reboot the router and it boot
properly, but once i started loading any NM's it would fail to boot.

i'm running out of ideas and ofcourse smartnet is out on this unit.  can
anyone point me in the right direction?  maybe i'm just overlooking
something really obvious.

tia,

-jk

// Joe Kamm
\\ Network Administrator
// WorldNet Communications, Inc.
\\ 318.213.9827 | 877.654.7543
// World Class Technology, Hometown Service