[nsp] Catalyst 6500: to native and back...

Iva Cabric ivac+cisco-nsp at mail.iskon.hr
Thu Jan 2 16:26:26 EST 2003

Hello,
while I was testing few IOS versions for Catalyst 6500, I've noticed
that when doing conversion from hybrid to native SW, content of nvram is
lost, but after converting back to hybrid on same switch, original
configuration (one before first conversion) is returned back. Where is
it kept? I native mode "show file systems" outputs something like this:

File Systems:

     Size(b)     Free(b)      Type  Flags  Prefixes
      129004      129004     nvram     rw   const_nvram:
      391160      383902     nvram     rw   nvram:

while, in hybrid mode output is:

File Systems:

     Size(b)     Free(b)      Type  Flags  Prefixes
      126968      126435     nvram     rw   nvram:
           -           -     nvram     rw   slavenvram:

What is the difference between these: "nvram:", "const_nvram:" and
"slavenvram:", and where is configration from hybrid IOS kept during
conversions?