[nsp] debug output

Siva Valliappan svalliap at cisco.com
Mon Jan 6 13:59:02 EST 2003

option 82 support for DHCP was added in IOS a while ago.
this allows the router to fill in additional fields in the DHCP
discover packet (such as ingress port) to help the DHCP server determine
an appropriate DHCP offer when it needs to make a decision.
(usually applicable to broadband aggregation as you want to limit
 IP addresses per port, etc)

the presence or absence of option 82 info will not make a difference to the
DHCP server if it's not paying attention to that field.

cheers
.siva