[nsp] Compiled Access Lists 7500's

Dmitri Kalintsev dek at hades.uz
Tue Jan 7 23:52:18 EST 2003

What do you mean by "take effect"? Every time you change a compiled ACL, all
compiled ACLs are recompiled anew, and on 7500 it is done on per-VIP basis,
so if you have slow VIPs it may take a while for them to do it for large
number of ACL lines.

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 01:47:48PM -0500, Manolo Hernandez wrote:
> Is it a known issue that when an Extended access-list that is compiled
> is removed and modified for the changes to that ACL to take say 5
> minutes to take effect? I had this strange pop on me today and wanted to
> know if anyone else had this problem. BTW I am running 12.2.8T5 Service
> Provider.
---end quoted text---

SY,
--
 CCNP, CCDP (R&S)                          Dmitri E. Kalintsev
 CDPlayer@irc               Network Architect @ connect.com.au