[nsp] 7300 routers feedback

Jonas Stenling jonas at stenling.nu
Wed Jan 8 15:41:37 EST 2003

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Andrey Zimin wrote:

> > I am looking for operational feedback on the Cisco 7300 routers in ISP
> > network environment - 802.1q, CAR, BGP with full views and OSPF.

Our experience is also bad. Strange behaviour related to NAT,
access-lists and other basic stuff you just assume will work. General
stability problems. We also experienced a strange bug where a software
upgrade sent the unit back for RMA. (I think it was related to a specific
hardware revision or something, can elaborate if needed.) No experience of
OSPF but even so I would never recommend it for a production network with
the current IOS quality.

--
Visit: http://www.stenling.nu/contact.html for contact info.
EOF