[nsp] output buffers swapped out?

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Jan 10 08:44:23 EST 2003

Hi Tim,

Output buffers swapped out is a feature of the RSP-based Cisco 7xxx
systems. If the outbound interface transmit queue is full, then the
packet is copied from a hardware buffer to DRAM, then copied back to the
transmit queue when there is room. You can influence this behaviour
using the interface command "[no] transmit-buffers backing-store". It is
enabled by default on interfaces that use some sort of fancy queuing
(wfq in your case).

	oli