[nsp] IOS SLB experiences/platforms

rpcbind at speakeasy.net rpcbind at speakeasy.net
Tue Jan 14 12:52:57 EST 2003

Has anyone have production experiences to share w/ IOS SLB? I've got a new
round of load balancers in the budget for this year and am shopping around.

At the face, a CSS11500 looks nice, but I was hoping someone had good things
to say about a 7206VXR/(NPE-G1, NSE-1) or 7401 in this role (I'm presuming a
PXF platform would be desirable). The versality of these platforms in their
load-balancing roles (ie. lots of ram, routing flexibility) as well as future
re-tasking makes them very attractive from a limited-capex standpoint.

any input?