[nsp] Best Practice for Secondary IP addresses on interfaces

Brian R. Watters brwatters at abs-internet.com
Sat Jan 18 22:49:52 EST 2003

We have a few routers (7206's) which interface via ethernet 100 and
CAT2924 and Extreme 24 port switches .. What we would like is to get
some real world (From an ISP's) perspective on just what the best
practice is for routing block's of IP space out to CAT switches ..
Secondary IP addresses on eth interfaces or VLAN's? Good or bad for both
.. In some cases we have 5 to 6 class C IP blocks being routed out over
eth interfaces .. Any insight or direction would be great!

Brian