[nsp] L3 and Full BGP?

Florian Weimer Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Sun Jan 19 22:20:35 EST 2003

Pavel Narozhniy <pasha at sumy.net> writes:

> Current number of BGP prefixes is 117799, according to my router. If
> number of routes, specifed above (24 000), is not hardware limitation,
> I don't think that full view will fit in 64MB RAM :(

The number (24 000) is probably the maximum number of TCAM entries
which can be used by the routing engine.  IIRC, the full BGP table
collapses to a few thousand TCAM/CEF entries; you don't route every
subnet to a different interface than its supernet.

Anyway, I doubt that the BGP data will fit into those 64 MB together
with the rest of the system.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/