[nsp] OT? When do log messages get created?

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at herff-jones.com
Mon Jan 20 13:22:47 EST 2003

Er, yes - bad choice of example on my part.  I also should have mentioned
the port was 100Mb/s, full-duplex.  The same switch also had input errors
and crc errors in the last 3.5 hours without reporting a single error
condition via syslog.

  Last clearing of "show interface" counters 03:34:54

Although logging level is informational (as it is for other switches
successfully reporting errors) and this switch reports link up/downs with no
problems, there were no errors reported in the logs during that time.

Before anyone asks, this applies to the logging buffer as well, not just the
syslog messages, and this port is not the port to the syslog server.

IOS version:
IOS (tm) C2900XL Software (C2900XL-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5)WC3b, RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc1)

-t.