[nsp] OSPF Problems with Extreme Switches and Cisco Routers.

Daniel Concepcion dani at danielcp.net
Tue Jan 21 12:22:23 EST 2003

Hi People,

I have the following problem:
When I connect two cisco routers to the Extreme switch and use dot1q vlan for
interconnect the two routers.  The OSPF adjacency in the cisco routers change
 every few minutes.

A router: Loading to Full
B Router: Neighbor Down: Dead timer expired

I have cfg the vlan with the IP protocol and the ports are also in use in
other vlan as untag without any problem and with the extreme talking ospf
with the cisco routers without issues.

Do you know if i need cfg the vlan in the extreme with any special ?
Is out there any know issue with this configuration, I don't find anything :(
If we use cisco switches and dot1q i don't have any problem.

We use cisco 12.0.23S over 7507 and 7206. ( we get the same problem with other
IOS version)
And  Extremeware Version 6.1.5 (Build 20) over Summit48i

Regards,
Daniel