[nsp] netflow active timeout

Clinton Work work at scripty.com
Thu Jan 23 06:23:52 EST 2003

I have lowered the active timeout on many Cisco 12000s to two
minutes without any CPU issues on the linecards. You can easily
make the change and look for any CPU problems:

exec# execute-on all show proc cpu | inc CPU

Config:

ip flow-cache timeout inactive 30
ip flow-cache timeout active 2
int X
 ip route-cache flow sampled
ip flow-export source Loopback0
ip flow-export version 5 origin-as
ip flow-export destination x.x.x.x 5023
ip flow-export destination x.x.x.x 5024
ip flow-sampling-mode packet-interval 100
ip flow-aggregation cache as
ip flow-aggregation cache protocol-port-tos