[nsp] IP-EIGRP: Neighbor A.B.C.D not on common subnet...

Thomas Renzy thomas.renzy at veritas.com
Sun Jan 26 17:00:30 EST 2003

Yuval,

Do you have an EIGRP neighbor on this segment with a secondary interface
configured? I've seen this type of message when, on an Ethernet segment, an
EIGRP neighbor has a secondary interface configured on one router, but not
on another router on the same Ethernet segment.

EIGRP hello packets have a TTL of 2, so I don't think it traverse the next
hop.

Thanks,
Thomas Renzy
IS&T Global Network Services
VERITAS Software
Office: +650-527-4734
Mobile: +650-996-7048
Fax: +650-527-2034

"Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle." -
Author Robert Anthony