[nsp] IP-EIGRP: Neighbor A.B.C.D not on common subnet...

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Jan 29 10:17:41 EST 2003

Hi Yuval,

if the Catalyst (or any other switch for this matter) is flooding the
multicast out to another vlan port this is a severe bug and needs to be
addressed. Can you connect a sniffer and verify this assumption?
I would not ignore this problem as it points to some L2 problem in your
network (due to a bug or wrong cabling) which can hit you bad in other
areas as well..
It might also be a misconfiguration (i.e. some device on that segment
uses the wrong IP address), but you can check this if you apply an
ingress access-list with "permit eigrp any any log-input" on your
FastEthernet0/0 and look at the source-mac-address of the hello packet.

	oli