[nsp] cisco 837 back-to-back is this possible

Chris Johns chrisjohns_cisco at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 05:18:00 EDT 2003

Folks,

I need to find a temp solution, the following is what I have;

2 x 837 and copper (rj11 stand phone) between the sites.

I want to do something lilke the following;

host---(e)---switch---(e)---837------(rj11)------837---(e)---switch---(e)---host

host = host
switch = switch
(e) = ethernet cat 5e
(rj11) = rj11 standard copper phone cable
837 = cisco 837 DSL router

I just need some bandwidth (even 500K) to this site until I can get some LRE
switches
between the sites.

The best sites I could find were;
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/794/dsl_cpe_config.html
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_tech_note09186a0080093e48.shtml

none of which were real helpful.

Can anyone confirm whether this is possible, or have a similar solution.

thanks
Chris