[nsp] dsl/dhcp question

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Mon Jul 7 02:35:22 EDT 2003

Hi all,

A few more  questions on DHCP + RBE to take care of things while I get the
fancy option 82 business and ISC-DHCP playing nice together...

Looking at the RBE docs (which seem to have gotten slimmer since the 6400
was EOL'd), there are some examples like this:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/794/827rfc_6400rbe_2.html

In this example, there is a 675 in bridge mode and a pc setup as a dhcp
client.  The pvc terminates on a 6400, but there is no dhcp config on the
6400; just a static route set to the pvc.  What gives?  Is this just a
mistake, or am I missing something?  From what I see, this wouldn't work.

Next...  With RBE and the IOS dhcp server, if I enable dhcp, does the
server (not relay-agent) automatically add a static route to the atm
subinterface for the duration of the lease?

Lastly, I've been trying to dig up as much info as I can on RBE and it
seems like there's less on CCO than I remember.  Should I be looking
anywhere beyond this:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Internetworking:RBE__Route-Bridged_Encapsulation&viewall=true

I also was reading this, is there something like it that is updated?

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/794/routed_bridged_encap.html

Thanks,

Charles