[nsp] 7200 I/O Controller dead?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Jul 10 21:55:30 EDT 2003

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 10:55:54AM -0700, Jim Devane wrote:
> I can't seem to find much on CCO regarding which I/O controllers will
> work with which NPE's. The strange thing is that this I/O controller was
> working with an NPE300 I have another NPE 300 as well and it just will
> not boot.

As far as I know, every NPE out there works with every I/O board.

You have to be careful about NPE<->chassis combination (non-VXR take only
up to NPE-225, VXRs take only NPE-225 and higher).

> I pulled the suspect NPE 300 and put it in a working router and that
> combo wouldn't boot either!

Maybe both got fried for some weird reason (I once had a Cat5509 that
managed to fry the bus interface for both supervisors and a line card
simultaneously - if the line card was in, nothing would work at all.
Without it, the supervisors would boot up, but then report errors
accessing all *other* line cards.  Had much fun).

>  Aargh!
> And now my laptop screen seems to have died. IS today Monday or
> something?

Yep.  Whole week already.  *sigh*

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/