[nsp] C7200 Bandwidth Points

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Sat Jul 12 01:52:35 EDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Chris Parker wrote:

> The router will complain, and I think TAC won't support it very well
> if that is the case, but it will not in my experience shut down any
> interfaces or refuse to run.
>
> It basically tells you that you're oversubscribing the bus, and can
> have problems, but as you note, if you aren't pushing near the full
> capacity, you probably won't overuse the bus.

It'll whine with errors like
%PLATFORM-3-PACONFIG: Exceeds 3 high speed port adaptors

I've got a 7206 (non-VXR) NPE225 with 3 PA-2T3 and 3 PA-MCT3.  It's the
little router that could.  It also has a bunch of BGP peers and full
internet routes.  It works fine as long as you realize the router will
melt down before it fully utilizes all the interfaces.