[nsp] C7200 Bandwidth Points

rpcbind at speakeasy.net rpcbind at speakeasy.net
Mon Jul 14 13:53:33 EDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Temkin, David wrote:

> 'nother question.  I understand how bandwidth points work on the 7200
> series, however, if I'm building a system and I know that I won't be using
> interfaces to their full potential

Do remember that the Gig's on the NPE-G1 (since you mentioned it earlier) have
no 'point value', so you have a whole lot more room to start with.

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Gert Doering wrote:

> > Do the Cat4000s take the PA blades as well , ooc?
>
> Not as far as I know.  (Does the 4000 have *any* sort of WAN interface?)

There's the AGM which got support later on in 12.1EW's as well as some VoIP
stuff, but 4000 is relativley useless outside the ethernet arena. Now if only
the FlexWAN would support a PA-2FE for cases where an entire GE-WAN is
overkill..