[nsp] Port 80 redirect

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Jul 15 00:03:30 EDT 2003

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 03:01:33PM -0400, Carl Jagerski wrote:
>      Using only a 7206 router running 12.2(13), Can I take certain /24s
> (ie. 10.10.1.0, 10.10.2.0, 10.10.3.0 etc.) that are assigned to
> workstations and take any port 80 requests from them and route these
> request to a single web server to return a web page of my choosing no
> matter what the workstations requested?  Is this possible and if so how?  I
> have been researching this for a while but couldn't come up with a solution.

There are a number of possible approaches.  On the router side, all of it
is easy ("ip route 10.10.1.0 255.255.255.0 <someconnectedhost>").

The interesting part is the server side - you can do alias interfaces, or
transparent proxying (for example via squid), and so on.  Depends on the
operating system used and whatever experience you have with the possible
web server / web proxy variants you have.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de