[nsp] [article]: Filters on routers: The price of performance

Voralt peder at voralt.net
Tue Jul 15 12:27:02 EDT 2003

Just another ridiculous magazine "real world test".  I like how they don't
take price into account, by comparing a $14k Lucent to a $11k Tasman to a
$6200 Cisco to a $3600 ImageStream.  If that's the case, then I would say,
compare apples to apples, set a max price of say $14k and then compare the
highest end prodct from each vendor at that price.  The Cisco 3725 is
$10,500 and the 3745 is $14k (by their numbers).

Also, why did they use two 10M connections instead of one 100M connection.
That seems a little odd to me.