[nsp] While where on the topic of 6500 series.

Robert A. Hayden rhayden at geek.net
Tue Jul 15 18:43:06 EDT 2003

I've found hybrid much better if you are using the 6500 to do a lot of
switching on the device.  You simply trunk a VLAN to port 15/1 to get it
to the "router" side of the switch and then build your vlan interface
there if need be.  Mostly I find CatOS a better interface for Layer2
management than IOS.

If you are doing mostly routing on the device, then hybrid mode is
probably more headache than you need.