[nsp] 12.3.(1)a (Router Lockup Edition)

Darren Smith data at barrysworld.com
Thu Jul 17 22:16:23 EDT 2003

Now you see why I got confused :-)

After rereading the matrix table, it says: 12.S -> Rebuild: 12.2(14)S1 ->
Interim -> 12.2(16.5)S

But the description for it is: "Core/ISP support: GSR, RSP, c7200" <- It
doesnt mention 7401's!

The only mention of 7400 is:

12.2BW  ->  Early Deployment for use with 7200, 7400, and 7411 platforms ->
Migrate to 12.3(1a)

Which is what I tried to do :-)

So does 12.2(14)S2 and S3 contain the fix as well? as you say it was in S1?

I was looking at release dates on the IOS Planner, and it says: 10th July
for the 12.2(14)S3 so presumed that was too old... how long ago did Cisco
start patching this anyway? and just looking again, the 12.2(14)S1 for the
7401 release has a advisory against using it anyway!

In any case, looks like another trip to Telehouse is in order tomorrow
morning now! Ho hum.

Regards

Darren.