[nsp] 2500's running from ram

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Sun Jul 20 12:25:57 EDT 2003

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003, Gert Doering wrote:

> I've never seen a 2500 where this trick did *not* work - it definitely
> works for this and later versions:
>
> ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 5.2(5), RELEASE SOFTWARE
> BOOTLDR: 3000 Bootstrap Software (IGS-RXBOOT), Version 10.2(5), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I think there is some minimum version for compressed images to be
understood.  That's the exact version at one of my remote sites that'll
need the trick, and the other one has slightly newer boot code.

Now the only question is whether to just do it remotely and hope for the
best, or send someone to each of the sites just in case.