[nsp] Virtual Interface Question

Dennis Peng dpeng at cisco.com
Tue Jul 22 14:30:13 EDT 2003

Based on the "description: line, I assume you are doing PPPoE. If the
PPPoE connection is not torn down properly, that session will remain
up until an upper layer detects that the session has gone away and
tears down the connection. Usually the mechanism to do this is PPP
keepalives, but you have it disabled. You should re-enable it for
exactly the problem you describe. For PPPoA, this shouldn't be a
problem in your version since there is a static binding between the
PVC and the vaccess. When the session comes back up, the same
virtual-access will be re-used.

Dennis