[nsp] Problem with DSL interface on a 2620

james hackerwacker at cybermesa.com
Thu Jul 24 11:10:26 EDT 2003

Router is a cisco 2620 running c2600-js-mz.121-19.bin. I am seeking to
give a static IP to a DSL customer (the telco provided CPE only supports bridging)
while avoiding creating /30's for each static IP DSL user.
On our 7206's I use "atm route-bridged ip" and write a static route to the interface
but that is not supported till 3xxx series.
I have used the below config on a 7206 in the past and it works, yet it is not working on the 2620.
It is not supported in this series or am I missing something ?

ip cef
bridge irb
!
interface ATM1/1.2 multipoint
 description Static DSL Customers
 ip address 1.2.3.1 255.255.255.128
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 no ip mroute-cache
!
pvc 1/37
  protocol ip 1.2.3.2 no broadcast
 !

James Edwards
Routing and Security
jamesh at cybermesa.com
At the Santa Fe Office: Internet at Cyber Mesa
Store hours: 9-6 Monday through Friday
Phone support 365 days till 10 pm via the Santa Fe office:
505-988-9200 or Toll Free: 888-988-2700